Ignition cables question

If you are restoring or looking to restore an old Fergie and need advice, this is the place to ask..

Ignition cables question

Postby Olsen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:45 pm

I know it sounds strange but I had a few beers this afternoon with a guy who is a retired engineer and made me completely confused about the order how to connect cables from distibutor to plugs 1-4.
Need to know how to connect the four connections of the distributor cap with the four plugs. :oops:

SOLVED ! Distributor is turning ccw and we were talking about cw turning distributor. :dance:
Don't drink and discuss :mrgreen: Will have another beer now...
Proud owner of a Ferguson TED :bearded:
Olsen

Re: Ignition cables question

Postby Grunt » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:59 pm

I can never remember either. According to my 1956 Motor Engineers Pocket Book firing sequence is 1,3,4,2. But that doesn’t help with where the leads go at the Distributor end.

Hiawatha has answered this question some time ago. So until someone with a memory comes along a search on here might be the quickest way of finding out.
Grunt

Re: Ignition cables question

Postby Olsen » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:11 pm

This shows it all http://www.fofh.co.uk/tech/teawiring03.pdf
Numbers on the distributor is the order of cylinders starting from 1-4.One is where the water pump is and four where the battery is located.What a shame :mrgreen: Forgot about it finger turns ccw.
Proud owner of a Ferguson TED :bearded:
Olsen

Return to Restoration questions and answers