Some New (YOU TUBE) video from my massey ferguson 65 rebuild.

Are you restoring any other tractors? Tell us about it here..
Michell
Reactions:
Norway

Some New (YOU TUBE) video from my massey ferguson 65 rebuild.

Post by Michell » Sat May 02, 2020 12:15 pm

Here you can follow my work in my massey ferguson 65. Year 1964 Industri model MRK 2.

Like, subscibe and make a comments Please πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘
THANKS SO MUCH.

Hiawatha
Reactions:
Australia

Re: Some New (YOU TUBE) video from my massey ferguson 65 rebuild.

Post by Hiawatha » Sun May 03, 2020 5:23 am

Well done Michell :smile:
I think it would look very nice if painted in the original Industrial Yellow , true to its purpose and history and unlike most of the others in its class .
-------- 1952 TED, 1957 FE35 Grey and Gold Deluxe

Michell
Reactions:
Norway

Post by Michell » Sun May 03, 2020 8:02 am

Hallo Hiawatha. Yes the yellow color is the original color to this industri model mf 65. And for me its wery difficould to do the decision about color . I have seen mf 65 from DENMARK and UK in Red and I Really like the red and grey with crome to the front. But I have allso looked industri model on you tube from uk from a tractor show and it allso looked Nice 😊😊😊 its so much difficould to me 😭😭
But later on I Will bye the full packige off crome to my 65 . There will be crome in the middle from down and all the way to the top off bonnet. And allso the MF Bird in to the top/front I Will put on to the bonnet .

Soon I am finich the hole rear . All is New to the back. New breakes New seal's New bearings all clean and funktion as New now . ....next is hudralick and clutch...then its time for sandblasting and paint...so Soon I can do What I have looked forward to for a long time ..sandblasting finally hahaha πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘

What color will you do ?

stiv
Reactions:
France

Post by stiv » Mon May 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Nice to see your tractor running, Michell.
Michell wrote: ↑
Sun May 03, 2020 8:02 am
What color will you do ?
I think that I would paint it yellow, too, keeping to its origins. Many of the photos on the internet are of old, worn, faded yellow paint, but with a bright gloss finish and added chrome work it would look quite something, and there are not that many about, it would seem...

Michell
Reactions:
Norway

Post by Michell » Tue May 05, 2020 3:12 pm

Hallo Stiv. I Will go for the yellow collor to the massey ferguson 65 so I can make as original with stone Leigh gray body as well ...so close to orginal as I can about money and parts ... πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Hiawatha
Reactions:
Australia

Post by Hiawatha » Tue May 05, 2020 10:28 pm

You must paint it the colour you want Michell .
I am sure that the Red chosen by Ferguson was done so because it is so appealing .
Using yellow paint will be difficult , it must have a white base coat if it is to cover properly or else you will need dozens of coats .
The Mk1 did have a Stoneleigh Grey chassis so that is easy .
Does the tractor have Multipower ? There are stickers on the bonnet for this if it does . The Mk1 stickers differ from the Mk2 though .

Michell
Reactions:
Norway

Post by Michell » Wed May 06, 2020 7:09 pm

This one have no multi power . ITS a 1964 MRK 2 . So you Say that the MRK 2 have yellow to the hole body ?? If I understand you correct . The one one you tube . Its a movie from a tractor show and its wery beautyfull ..it have a grey body with yellow bonnet and for me it look's like its a MRK 2 with a Oil filter just up and down. Not 15 decree Angel ( 192 engine)
Can you Tell me how about collors to this tractor I have here . Thanks so much πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘

Hiawatha
Reactions:
Australia

Post by Hiawatha » Wed May 06, 2020 9:20 pm

The MK1 and the MK2 both had Stonleigh grey chassis Michell . The stickers ( remerke) for the bonnet are different for both but only the MK2 are available now .

stiv
Reactions:
France

Post by stiv » Wed May 06, 2020 11:03 pm

Just in passing, I came across this Ferguson paint colour chart, which you may find interesting/useful.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... WU2SVwj3Me

It suggests that the early Mk1 MF65s had a different grey, but that the later ones and all the Mk2s used the Stoneleigh grey.

It also gives colours for implements.

Michell
Reactions:
Norway

Post by Michell » Thu May 07, 2020 5:50 pm

Thanks stiv for all the infomation about the collors to the massey ferguson its so jusefull to me . Wery interresting for me so I can study it ...wondderfull Stiv πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜Š