The international

Are you restoring any other tractors? Tell us about it here..
tractoral
Reactions:

The international

Post by tractoral » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Hello all

Today i yet again parted with my hard earned money ( i work on a horse drawn barge tourist attraction and can walk up to 20 miles a day and times that buy 14 days straight which i did once,its alot of miles!!!)

I am now the proud owner of an International B275 all be it needing a few parts and i shall get stuck in as soon as i finish the ferguson continental.

Whilest at the chaps farm he also had an international 414 which again was it a resonable condition and i had the choice between the two but with the 414 having no wheels kind of made life difficult.

The 414 also had a special "rare" fitment which i have never seen before which was a single pto with a two speed leaver which you could use to change speed.Anybody got any info??

Whilst there,there also was a very sorry looking 434 basically a carcus and when asked the chap said he had good intentions to restore them which he hadnt done.

Although when i was looking at the tractors my dad spoke to his father who showed my dad around the farm when he showed him a ferguson 35,another international 414,a fordson dexta and he also went on to explain he had also bought recently a 4x4 dexta and a roadless ploughmaster very cheap and had been offered £20,000 in cash for it!!!

Anyway if anyone in the forum wants to try and save the 414 or 434 (very brave!!) just let me know,the tractors are in north wales and you will need to be quick because he said he will hang on to them for me for 2 weeks but after that they are coke cans!!

Grunt
Reactions:
England

Re: The international

Post by Grunt » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:09 pm

That wouldn't have been you on the Llagollen Horse drawn boat last Wednesday would it? If I'd realised I'd have said Hello.

tractoral
Reactions:

Post by tractoral » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Yep thats me haha

You payed a visit to llangollen did you???

whitehillbillies
Reactions:
Australia

Post by whitehillbillies » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:21 am

Having had a fair bit to do with draught horses over the years, PHOTOS PLEASE.

whitehillbillies

Grunt
Reactions:
England

Post by Grunt » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:39 pm

We had a canalboat on the Llangollen canal for a week. Moored up at Trevor and got the bus to Llangollen then the train, got off at Berwyn on the way back and walked back to Llangollen and Trevor from Horseshoe falls, that's where we passed the horse drawn boat and possibly you.

tractoral
Reactions:

Post by tractoral » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:12 pm

Yeah ill get some photos up soon of the horses and the tractors

And well well well what a small world we live in haha

robertbudd1978
Reactions:

Post by robertbudd1978 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:23 am

yeah would love to see some photos i used too live on the canal for many years and miss it i was up on the macclesfield / peak forest canals and must have seen you many times on trips down to wales hopefully see you next week the plough and mower are next to the canal in a stable cheers rob.