Intro

Why not introduce yourself to everyone..
RobG
Reactions:
Great Britain

Intro

Post by RobG » Fri May 15, 2020 11:25 am

Hi All - New Member Rob G here from Mayfield, East Sussex in southern UK. Not far from Jack and a few others, it appears.

I'm a completely amateur tinkerer, a bit of a petrolhead & cricket-playing and pitch-mowing (Fergie pulling gangs) TE20 enthusiast with exactly the wrong amount of knowledge to be sure of success - but with confident expectation, often misplaced, and who likes to get mucky occasionally.

A few years ago I got stuck in to my Cricket Club's broken TEF 3-cyl Perkins and with help (NB - LOTS of help!) got it up and running again.
I promptly fell in love with the whole Ferguson story, have dabbled a bit, and now own a 4-cyl TEF20 which I am very slowly doing up after it has stood for nearly 2 years while I was diverted by work between Germany, France and here.

I do and will need help and look forward hopefully to hearing back in due course from some patient Fergie superstars - who will please accept that there's no such thing as a stupid question !

Best to all, wherever you are.
Attachments
Fergie Signature rg 150520.docx
(11.76 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Fergie image 150520.docx
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 15 times

Moose
Reactions:
Canada

Re: Intro

Post by Moose » Fri May 15, 2020 12:52 pm

Welcome to the forum Rob. All questions welcome. Although, because you have chosen a diseasel Fergie, most of your replies will come from the few who have chosen the Dark Side of the Force. :lol: ;) We do need photos...
1950 Tea 2080, 1951 Tea 2085
:bearded:

Jack
Site Admin
Reactions:
England

Post by Jack » Fri May 15, 2020 7:02 pm

RobG wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:25 am
Hi All - New Member Rob G here from Mayfield, East Sussex in southern UK. Not far from Jack and a few others, it appears.
Hi Rob.
Welcome to the forum, you will enjoy your time here.
Indeed you are not far from us.. both myself and Mrs Jack are from very near Mayfield, she is from Crowborough and I am from Groombridge.

John V
Reactions:
Ireland

Post by John V » Sat May 16, 2020 2:35 am

I don't think I ever welcomed any body before but you are indeed very welcome,John v

RobG
Reactions:
Great Britain

Post by RobG » Thu May 21, 2020 1:39 pm

Moose wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:52 pm
Welcome to the forum Rob. All questions welcome. Although, because you have chosen a diseasel Fergie, most of your replies will come from the few who have chosen the Dark Side of the Force. :lol: ;) We do need photos...
Thanks, Moose

Love the 'diseasel' quote ...

I did up a TEA a while ago, which just needed some patient playtime to get it running ok - offered it for sale & it went 20 minutes later - to a local guy who has had it in his driveway for 3 years - as an ornament! Philistine ...
It turned out he also has/had 3x Ferraris in his garage, so I asked him for the TEA back last year when we happened to meet - sadly he said no ...

A first photo of my Lord Vader version is on my 'entry' - embedded in a Word doc.
Stay safe!
Rob

RobG
Reactions:
Great Britain

Post by RobG » Thu May 21, 2020 1:42 pm

Jack wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 7:02 pm
RobG wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:25 am
Hi Rob.
Welcome to the forum, you will enjoy your time here.
Indeed you are not far from us.. both myself and Mrs Jack are from very near Mayfield, she is from Crowborough and I am from Groombridge.
Thanks, Jack
I'm looking forward to learning ... and hopefully perhaps to team up locally sometime - "when the Middle re-opens" ...

Moose
Reactions:
Canada

Post by Moose » Fri May 22, 2020 12:53 pm

RobG wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:39 pm
A first photo of my Lord Vader version is on my 'entry' - embedded in a Word doc.
That is a tough way to get to a photo. :smile: Do post photos right in your forum message.
1950 Tea 2080, 1951 Tea 2085
:bearded: