Search found 63 matches

by Willy Eckerslyke
Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:50 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Gasless Mig Welders.
Replies: 14
Views: 6325

Re: Gasless Mig Welders.

I haven't found my welds to be brittle with pure CO2. I did used to get bottles of pub gas then suddenly started getting awful results after changing …login to view the rest of this post
by Willy Eckerslyke
Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:06 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Gasless Mig Welders.
Replies: 14
Views: 6325

Re: Gasless Mig Welders.

Not exactly answering your question, but one compromise is to use straight CO2 instead of a proper mix. This is what I do and get results that I'm mor…login to view the rest of this post
by Willy Eckerslyke
Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:24 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Sharp practices
Replies: 18
Views: 8040

Re: Sharp practices

If you're going to use a concrete mixer, then I'd suggest removing the drum entirely and making a smaller drum specifically for the purpose. If you ca…login to view the rest of this post
by Willy Eckerslyke
Tue May 26, 2015 3:31 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Adblock Plus
Replies: 2
Views: 2552

Re: Adblock Plus

Agreed, I'd struggle to cope without it.
by Willy Eckerslyke
Sat May 09, 2015 8:41 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: UK General Election
Replies: 4
Views: 2502

Re: UK General Election

whitehillbillies wrote:Poor old SEX party are getting a hammering over here at the moment.
No reason why the poor and old can't enjoy themselves. :o
…login to view the rest of this post
by Willy Eckerslyke
Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:51 am
Forum: Land Rover Discussion
Topic: Gilbert
Replies: 189
Views: 110610

Re: Gilbert

The 902... serial number means that engine has the 3 bearing crank (after around 1980 they became 5 bearing). No surprise there but worth knowing. The…login to view the rest of this post
by Willy Eckerslyke
Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 am
Forum: Implements
Topic: Restoring earth scoop
Replies: 11
Views: 7698

Re: Restoring earth scoop

Gosh it made a tidy job of your drive. I had toyed with the idea of getting one for the same purpose but wasn't sure if it would cope. Something else …login to view the rest of this post
by Willy Eckerslyke
Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:57 pm
Forum: General Ferguson Discussion
Topic: Streetview
Replies: 1
Views: 930

Streetview

Not sure if this link will work, but it's a nice little tractor working beside the road in NY State that I spotted on Streetview.
[External Link Remov…login to view the rest of this post
by Willy Eckerslyke
Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:07 am
Forum: General Ferguson Discussion
Topic: Why did this go for so much
Replies: 12
Views: 3416

Re: Why did this go for so much

I'd assume that the bidders were less sceptical than most of us. They probably read "tyres that hold air" as "don't worry about the tyres" whereas I'd…login to view the rest of this post
by Willy Eckerslyke
Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:50 am
Forum: Restoration questions and answers
Topic: Removing sheared wing bolts
Replies: 36
Views: 12731

Re: Removing sheared wing bolts

GMB wrote:What I would do is:
Soak in WD40 then leave it a week.
I'll see your WD40 and raise you PlusGas for an hour or two.

Or can you get a nut sp…login to view the rest of this post